Frequently Asked Questions
1. What kind of fanfiction do you write?
Buffy the Vampire Slayer fanfiction, focusing on the Spike/Buffy pairing.
2. Do you still write fanfiction?
As of right now, yes. I’m not as prolific or as fast a writer as I was in my 20s because I’m balancing original writing with freelance work as well as a full-time job.
3. When were you actively writing fanfiction?
I began writing fanfic the year before my senior year of high school after I discovered Buffy the Vampire Slayer. This was in the summer of 2002, right after Season 6 had wrapped up. I continued writing fanfiction throughout college. In 2010, I transitioned into original fiction after my first novel was published.
4. Which Spuffy works did you revise into original works?
5. Will you ever finish the Buffy/West Wing crossover?
Unfortunately, as much as I enjoyed writing the first book, the second one completely drained me. I have no plans to complete that story, and for that, I am sorry.
6. Wasn’t there a sequel to Sang et Ivoire?
Yes. It was entitled Vinum et Rosae, and I was miserable writing it and with the end product. I removed it from fanfic sites well before I left the world of fanfic, but I am willing to send it to anyone who wants to read it.
7. Regarding your writing technique… You use a lot of words and phrases improperly. What’s up with that?
All stories archived here have been heavily edited to address and correct this issue. And boy howdy, did I ever make these stories difficult to read.
But you are correct – my work (particularly the older stories, including Sang et Ivoire and Harbingers of Beatrice) is riddled with purple prose and incorrect word usage. I started writing fanfic when I was 17 years old and too dependent on a thesaurus. I was also desperate to not sound like I was 17, because I feared I wouldn’t be taken seriously as an author. The results were numerous malapropisms and wonky sentence structure. I grew out of this the more I wrote, and the more confident I became, which is hopefully evident in my later fanfics and my published works. I’m truly sorry if incorrect word usage hampered your enjoyment of any of my Buffy work.
8. What sort of original fiction do you write?
I write paranormal and contemporary romance. My paranormal romance typically involves angels and demons, but I also write vampires and werewolves.
9. What name do you publish under?
10. What is the best way to contact you?
Drop me an email at email@example.com